1. I almost tackled Fella for a slice of his pizza last night. It looked hot and melty and delicious. Just picture all three of the dogs plus me simultaneously drooling on the couch and staring at him eating. It wasn’t pretty. But I stayed strong and true to my Whole 30!
2. We had a potential adopter back out from adopting out foster Lucy because she is currently heart worm positive and undergoing treatment. It’s heartbreaking because it sounds like they would have been a wonderful home for her. I tried to explain to them that there are no lasting effects from heart worms and that she’s going to have a full life, but she didn’t want to hear it. Most of the dogs that we get are either strays or from bad situations, so 60%+ are heart worm positive when they come into the rescue. It was definitely a downer last night.
3. I actually went without coffee this morning. This is unheard of for me. Apparently it’s a lot less appealing as an everyday necessity when it lacks creamer or milk. Plus, I’ve been sleeping great and waking up energized, so less need for coffee. I’m interested to see how this progresses through the Whole 30.
4. A bunch of my teammates are racing NOLA this weekend. While it is bumming me out that I’m not there, I am 100% confident in my decision to not participate. I would have put myself at risk for injury and had a terrible race. It sucks that I’m not there, but I am really proud of myself for actually realizing this and pulling out of the race. Life is all about baby steps for growing up, right? And now I have Racine 70.3 to focus on!
5. I’m pretty sure my dogs are better at taking selfies than I am.