I’m technically in off season right now and it is driving me insane. While rest days are great, in theory, I have somehow become some who dislikes them. I know….what!? Don’t get me wrong, I like sitting on the couch as much as the next person, but my brain does not. My body is all kinds of happy, but too much rest leaves my brain unable to cope with the world. This generally ends in some kind of ridiculous yelling match between Fella and I with the puppies whining at us to stop or me crying for god only knows what reason. Seriously, it feels like a crazy person has taken me over. Fortunately, this is my last off week. Thank goodness!
Here are some things that I have been keeping busy with in the meantime though:
1. I seriously can’t remember the last time the house was this clean. Every room is vacuumed, all of the laundry is done, all of the dishes are done, and there are groceries in the fridge. I even dusted last night. DUSTED. And then I ran out of things to do. Literally, there was nothing left to clean. I have never ever reached that point before. Even when living alone. Trust me. I am a messy person by nature. Fella was literally speechless last night when he saw the basement.
2. Research all the races! So I have my A race for the spring of next year: 70.3 NOLA. A bunch of my Team Amazing Day teammates are competing as well, so it should be a ton of fun! Plus, the course is flat and friendly, so you better believe that I am going for a huge PR. I also may have accidentally registered for Border Wars again. I want a rematch with the course when it’s not freezing cold. Plus, you really can’t beat the awesome swag! (Shhh, my coach doesn’t know that I signed up for that one yet.) I’ll probably add in another race or two, but those are my two A races as of right now. I’m still playing with running a 50K with one of my good friends, but we haven’t decided on which one yet. Yes, I am well aware that I am, in fact, insane.
3. Driving Fella so nutty that he finally
had a mental break down made the awesome decision to train for a sprint triathlon for next year! Training together is either going to be the best or worst idea ever. Jury is still out on that. I’m leaning towards best idea ever since we’ve had a blast at every race that I have dragged him to thus far. We’re signed up for the Bayfront Challenge Sprint Triathlon. It’s the weekend before the wedding and I can’t tell you how happy this makes me. I know that triathlon is more my thing. But I love that he wants to and is willing to come with me. It means a lot to me that he wants to understand my passion and start our life together in a healthy way.
4. Completely forgetting about the little 20K trail race that I have this Sunday. Oops? At least it’s just for fun. It’s known as a pretty epic race and I am really excited to just go out and have fun. Do I have any time goals or heart rate goals? Nope! My main goal is to have fun, get great pictures, and really enjoy the beer party at the finish line.
5. Getting my butt kicked by the push up and plank challenge from the Get Your Gobbler in Gear November Challenge. You think it sounds easy….until you have to actually do it.