Yay for challenges! For all of you people who are self motivated and can be accountable to yourself
and annoying, good for you. For the rest of us, we need a good support system to help us along. Enter the October Stay Away from Tricks and Treats Challenge!
The idea behind this challenge is to make it whatever you need it to be. Many of us want to lose weight. Most want to improve their eating habits. Some need an extra bit of motivation to get out of bed and knock out that early morning workout. Our group is all of those things…and you’re still welcome to join! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org! We have a Facebook group an everything! (Exciting stuff, no?)
My goals for this month:
1. No Halloween Candy! This one shouldn’t be as hard as it is going to be (if that makes sense?). Somehow every year Fella and I buy candy for the “trick or treaters” and then end up eating it all before Halloween. Then I have to rush to the store to replace it so we have something to give to the kiddies. Not this year! (But you better believe that I am having a Reese’s Pumpkin on November 1st. Just one.)
2. Win my Diet Bet! There is still time to join! I have used Diet Bet in the past and it is a great way to keep accountable and to win some money at the same time! Plus, you can play up to three games at the same time. Yay for getting paid to lose weight! There is still time to join!
3. Log my food everyday on Fitbit! This is the single thing that makes the biggest difference when I am trying to fuel my body better and lose weight. It helps me to really think about what I am putting in my body. Not only do I end up losing weight, but I really feel better since I am fueling myself with good, wholesome foods.
4. No excess spending! This is for the health of my wallet. Summer is always a busy time with the highest concentration of activities for the year. With that in mind, I want to really go back to the basics this month and eliminate any undue spending. Completely doable.
5. Limit eating out to once a week! I’m hoping to keep this under once a week (while not traveling), but Fella and I like to have date nights which are more relaxing for me when I don’t have to cook. Also, you better believe I am going out to get my grub on after my Half Ironman this weekend. This will help with keeping a healthy wallet as well (and a healthy diet!).
So there you have it! My goals for October in a nutshell. We have a wonderful group who have been awesome thus far. I’m also working on getting some great giveaways for anyone who participates! Let’s get our challenge on!