And with the completion of my last long hard, ride yesterday….let the taper begin!
I ended up with just over 40 miles in just under 3 hours (14.2 mph). I’m not fast, but I’m a lot better than I used to be. This past week has been a week of good, solid workouts and with it, some huge realizations of how far I have come in the last 3 months.
– I’m 13.2 pounds lighter.
– I’m significantly stronger and leaner.
– I used to be proud of holding 13 mph on the bike for an hour. Now I’m hitting 14+ mph for 3 hours. With hills. And really enjoying the ride.
– I’m comfortable on my bike. You can throw hills at me and I’m fine. I can ride in traffic. I’m comfortable going down hills with speed and I can turn without slowing to a crawl. I actually feel like a real biker some days.
– I went from needing a run/walk method to running 2 hours at a time comfortably.
– I went from dreaming of being able to hit ten minute miles again to actually doing it.
– I went from feeling like an impostor at the pool to being one of the regulars and looking like I know what I’m doing.
– I went from being terrified of signing up for a 70.3 to knowing that I. Got. This.
I know this race is going to be hard. It’s going to be ugly. But I’m going to cross that finish line come hell or high water. Bring. It. On.
And don’t forget to join in my October Challenge! We’ve got a great group of people thus far and I’d love if you would join!