– Two weeks of marathon training down and so far, so good! I’ve hit all of my workouts and I’m finally feeling my legs start to come back. My long run on Sunday felt like I was flying…and I was on a treadmill. That doesn’t happen to me on the treadmill. Ever. It was awesome. Only downside? The only treadmill that I have access to is at my future BIL’s house. And I foolishly went to go run around dinner time. Having to run on a treadmill while watching people eat delicious and buttery potatoes is not fair and should be illegal. Seriously.
– I am nervous about sticking to my training this weekend. I have a 5 mile run on deck for Saturday and 7 miles for Sunday. That’s not the problem. The problem is that I will be heading to DC to visit friends on Thursday evening and will not be returning until Sunday afternoon. Historically, I am terrible at keeping to a training plan while traveling. I have made sure that my friends know my training schedule though, so I have some built in accountability. Any other recommendations for how to get runs in while on vacation? Or any great DC running recommendations?
– We had wonderful weather on Saturday which involved a lot of hanging out with the dogs outside on our brand new hammock! Yes, Fella and I may have procrastinated in cashing in our “free hammock” coupon that my parents got Fella and I for Christmas. Somehow my procrastinator ways no longer shock people.
– Orion makes me take my rest days seriously.
– I may or may not have mentioned it, but I kind of signed up for a Half Ironman completely “by accident”. It’s new, local, and looks like a freaking blast: the Border Wars Tri. It’s not till October, but they have a fun set up of East vs West. I just got my Team East shirt yesterday and it just made me that much more psyched!