January has been a busy month. I may not have run a whole lot, but I still got a lot done.
I got to meet up with these awesome folks while in Phoenix for work…
I got to do some good in the world and helped out some four legged friends….
Now on to the recap:
Goals for 2014
– Hit my first goal weight (42 pounds, if you must know) – I’m down 2.5 pounds. Which isn’t a lot, but it is a step in the right direction. Especially considering my lack of movement this month due to me being a big wimp when it comes to the cold. I’ll take every loss I can get!
– Run 1,000+ miles – Huge fail. 9.57 miles. But, like I said in my last post, January was my one month to slack off. As of tomorrow, it’s on, baby. I’ve got a goal to hit and a marathon to train for!
– Complete a triathlon – I’ve been keeping this under wraps, but I kind of, sort of, accidentally signed up for a Half IronMan in October. Whoops? It’s a brand new race in my area and they were running a fantastic deal on the first day of sign up. I’m kind of terrified, but also crazy excited. I will take any and all advice!
– Hit a PR of 4:45 in the marathon – In progress. I still think it’s a long shot, but I like to aim high. I have one chance to do this in June (Grandma’s Marathon).
– Run a PR in the half marathon…My current PR of 2:12:11 is super dated (2008). I know that I can beat this as long as I keep my training solid and keep up with my weight loss. No progress on this one. I guess i have to find a race, huh? Maybe November?
– Set a wedding date and, oh yeah, plan a wedding – I still suck at this, but we are heading down to Florida at the end of February to check out a venue that I’m kind of in love with. That will give us a place and a date. Progress!
– Visit at least 5 new places – San Francisco next month with Fella to visit my brother. One down, four to go!
– Volunteer at least 3 times per month – So proud of myself on this one. Check! Really loving giving my time and helping people and dogs. So happy I have this as a monthly goal.
So some failures, but some wins. I think it’s a pretty good jumping point!