As I said a couple of posts back, I’m working on being a
better safer runner in the dark. One of the two things that I purchased in this effort was the PooBoss K9 Utility Vest. I found this vest on Amazon for $23.40 (on sale) and it received high reviews on a number of websites, so I took the plunge. I decided to go with the orange for increased visibility.
I have had the vest for almost a week and I can honestly say that I do not have a single complain about this vest. I have had the vest on both dogs and it has been on walks and runs ranging from a single mile to 5 miles (both road and trails). Things that I love about this vest:
– It’s lightly quilted. I LOVE this feature. Orion has a great winter coat, but poor Koda is not a fan of the cold with her short coat. We almost always have to put some kind of coat on her to convince her to go outside. She will actually go find one of her coats in the house and bring it to me if she is cold. Smart freaking dog. I love that this has some added warmth and wind protection for her without adding bulk. This works out very well as most of my running in the dark takes place in the winter.
– You are freaking VISIBLE. There was a noticeable difference in the speed that cars passed me and the amount of space that they gave me. I felt significantly safer.
– Carrying capacity without bulk. I love our hiking packs for the dogs, but they are bulky and a hassle to put on for a run or walk. The K9 Utility Vest gives me the daily carrying capacity that I need (keys, poop bags, phone) without any unneeded bulk. This makes it comfy enough that Koda even enjoys wearing it on daytime walks! She likes that it keeps her slightly warmer and I like that she gets to carry my phone and keys!
Overall, I am extremely happy with this vest:
– Extremely easy to use with a velcro strap at the front and a buckle underneath
– Comfortable for the dogs
– Increases visibility for both me and the dog
I give this product five out of five puppies!